- Groenewalds and its employees respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Personal information that you supply to us via this website and via e-mail (“your personal information”) is only used and processed for the purpose:
- For which we request the information, as stated in the relevant e-mail;
- and/or to the extent necessary to enable Groenewalds to meet its obligations to you;
- and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Groenewalds will not disclose your personal information to third parties outside Groenewalds, unless:
- Groenewalds is permitted or required to do so by law; or
- it is in the public interest to do so; or
- it is necessary to protect the rights of Groenewalds; or
- you have expressly authorised Groenewalds to do so.
- Groenewalds may from time to time use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes. However, such profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to any identifiable individual.
- How we collect personal data
When we open and operate an account for you, provide you with our services, or communicate with you, we may collect your personal data. We do this in various ways, including:
- when you provide it to us such as when you sign up for a Groenewalds account, use our services;
- when you communicate with us by email, online chat, telephone or any other means, we collect the communication and any data provided in it;
- How we use your personal data
We use personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to verify your identity in accordance with the necessary legal requirements;
- to manage and maintain your account with us;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to respond to your enquiries and to resolve disputes.
Where necessary to protect our legal rights and interest, or the interests of others, we also use personal data in relation to legal claims, compliance, audit, risk management, and regulatory functions. We may also use personal data in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- How we share personal data
We share personal data with:
- any person that works for us or for one of our group companies;
- our professional advisers, consultants and other similar services.
We will otherwise treat your personal data as private and confidential and will not share it with other parties except:
- where you have given permission;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement with you.
- Security of your personal data
Groenewalds places great importance on ensuring the security of your personal data. We regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures when processing your personal data. Employees of Groenewalds are is focused on handling personal data securely and with the utmost respect.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for processing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Depending on the country in which you live, you may have certain rights under data protection law, including the right to object to the processing of your personal data or to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of your personal data (including in a format that can be shared with a new provider); or
- correct, delete, or restrict the processing of your personal data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Electronic Delivery of Reports and Other Communications
You accept that such electronic communications are not secure and may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with or without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. Groenewalds make no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an electronic communication purportedly sent by Groenewalds, you are required to contact the purported sender immediately.
- Additional matters relating to personal data:
9.1 Retention of personal data
9.2 Data breaches
We will notify you and the relevant supervisory authority as soon as we become aware of any data breach that is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms.